Ten years ago Google was operating out of a garage, Apple was in the skids, and the founder of Facebook was in high school. What a difference a decade makes. The 2020 Workplace takes you to the future yet is anchored in the leading edge talent practices of today. Read how companies are innovating today to prepare for the future.
Part I of The 2020 Workplace reviews the seismic shifts in play today that will affect the future:
- Changing demographics, including five generations in the workplace
- Globalization and how talent can be accessed anywhere in the world
- The emergence of social technologies that democratize information and change the role of leadership.
Part II of The 2020 Workplace provides case studies, tools, and stories of forward-thinking companies and their talent practices. Some examples include:
- Using Twitter to recruit talent at Zappos
- The leadership models of the future at Cisco and GE Medical
- Best Buy’s use of a film contest to increase 401(k) participation
- Anonymous mentoring
- Team-based learning at Pricewaterhouse Coopers, and many more
In Part III of The 2020 Workplace, we provide 20 predictions for the future, and how you can prepare your organization, your team, and yourself for the future. In the text-messaging shorthand used by the Millennial Generation, R U Rdy?